Follow the method below if you downloaded the .tgz file or if the old method didn’t work for you. It’s important to note that installing system updates using Fastboot requires a PC.
- Make sure you unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi phone. If not, click here.
- Download Mi Flash Tool on Your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging by heading over to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- Turn off your device and press the Volume + Power buttons at the same time to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device in fastboot mode to the PC using a compatible USB cable.
- Extract the Mi Flash Tool on your PC and install it.
- After installation, open MiFlash.exe.
- Now extract the Fastboot ROM (.tgz) file on your PC. Copy the path of this folder.
- Paste this folder path inside the address bar of the Mi Flash Tool application that you just opened.
- Click on the yellow circled-out button to refresh and MiFlash will automatically recognize your device.
- Tap on the red circled-out button to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Wait till the update is flashed onto your Xiaomi phone. When the update is done, the progress bar inside MiFlash will turn fully into green.
Your device will automatically boot to MIUI 11.