Google Camera or (Gcam) comes with lots of features and one of the best camera (like Pixel Phones Camera) to click the HDR+ & portrait mode. And most of the MIUI Phone users want to install the Google camera on their phone. Here in this tutorial, we will show you how to Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 5 Pro on MIUI 11 Phones Without Root. This guide will allow you to install Google Camera on any MIUI phone like Redmi note 5 Pro, Redmi Note5, Redmi Note 4 etc. We tested this method on our Redmi Note Pro which is running on the MIUI 11 Android Pie.
To install the Google camera on your device all you have to enable the Camera2API in Your MIUI Device Without Root. Yes, no need to root the phone and the best part of this guide you will set the OTA updates on your RN5Pro after installing the Google Camera App.
By using this tutorial you can enable Camera2api and use Google Camera on your phone without rooting your device. All you need a phone with Unlock Bootloader. If you don’t know how to unlock the bootloader on MIUI 11 phone, Check this guide
Read : Unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones.
So let’s get started and download the Google camera on Your MIUI 12 phone.
Download Google Camera For Redmi Note 5
Please Read this guide very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your device. In this guide, we are using our Redmi Note 5 Pro to install the Google camera. You can use the same method on your Xiaomi phone which is running on the latest version of MIUI 11.
Download Required Files to Enable Camera2API
|SDK Platform-Tools for Windows|
|Download||TWRP file for Redmi Note 5 Pro|
|Download||Run Fastboot Commands|
|Download||Root Checker App|
How to Enable Camera2API On RN5 Pro
Before you enable Camera2Api, You must do some steps:
1- install custom TWRP
- Step 1: Unzip the SDK Platform-Toolsfor Windows on your desktop and paste TWRP image file (twrp.img) on the folder.
- Step–2: Now on your phone, Go to Settings – About Phone – Tap 7 consecutive times on MIUI Version to enable developer options, and go to Settings – Additional Settings – Developer options and enable USB debugging option.
- Next: connect your phone to the PC with USB cable and Allow USB debugging on popup window on your phone.
- 4: Open the folder of Platform-Tools in your PC, hold the shift key on your PC keyboard and right your mouse on the empty space in the folder and select “Open command window here”.
- Step–5: Now enter the following command in the command window to check the connection between phone and PC. Which will show the serial number of your device and status of the connection.
- Step 6: Now to boot your phone in fastboot mode. Enter the following code.
adb reboot bootloader
- Step 7: Now your phone in fastboot mode. To boot the TWRP on the phone. Run the following command.
fastboot boot twrp(name).img
- Step 8: Now your phone will boot in the TWRP mode. On the TWRP screen, Tap on the “Keep Read Only” and leave the phone as it is.
(We don’t need to do anything from the recovery, keep the device connected to PC and rest it aside)
2- Enable Camera 2Api using PC
Now go back to the command prompt windows and enter the following commands to check the connection of device with PC.
It will show your device serial number and recovery as status.
- Step 10: Now we need to edit the build prop to add a line which enables Camera2API on the phone. Enter the following command.
- Step 11: Once the adb shell opens up you need to add a line for enabling Camera2api, copy paste the below command and hit enter.
setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1
- Step 12: Now type exit command to exit the adb shell.
- Step 13: Now you need to reboot the device, you can do that from the recovery or just by using the following command.
Downlkoad Google Camera For Redmi Note 5
Download Google Camera apk file here and save the apk file on your phone:
That’s it. Now your phone will boot and once your device boots up it will have Camera2api enabled and the TWRP which we booted above will be removed.
Now install the Google camera on your phone. And the google camera will work fine on your phone.
Now run the Root Checker app on your phone. And verify root. Your phone is non-rooted and you will get the OTA system update on your phone.
In future, if you want to disable Camera2api change the step 11 command to “setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 0” and follow all the process said above.
Thanks For Reading, Please Share it With Your Friends.